Friday, October 06, 2006

No. 7 Had a Passenger


Nikon D100, Nikkor 500mm f8 Reflex

The Blue Angels had a practice session this afternoon. I took my F3HP/MD4 combo out for some exercise, and I also brought along the D100. It was cloudy, cold, and a bit dark. I grabbed the wrong lens as I was rushing out the door. I grabbed the old, non-ai 200mm instead of the newer ai converted 200mm. Anyway, it's a long story. Suffice to say that I ended up using the 105mm + 2x converter on the F3HP, and the 500mmm mirror lens on the D100. You'll have to wait until I get the roll processed to see the F3HP shots, but here's one from the D100.

It was a good day to catch the high speed vapor trails that I was hoping for.

--Warren

4 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

Awesome!!

When our kids were much younger, we often would see the Blue Angels fly right over our street as they practiced for their annual Memorial Day show over Annapolis (part of commmencement week at the Naval Academy). They were sometimes low enough that you could see the pilots' helmeted heads - these photo really brings that feeling back!!

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 5:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Great Shot!!!!

What else to say.

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 5:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks guys!

No VR, no AF, no metering, no problem :).

Oh, and I shot the 500mm on the D100 handheld.

The one advantage of having a digital body is the ability to bump up the ISO on the fly.

--Warren

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 8:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger martin said...

You made a really nice shot made under difficult conditions! The angle of the jet climbing and/or making a turn is very dynamic and you cropped it tight which gives it impact. I hope you didn't get too wet that afternoon.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 2:15:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment