Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sunset on Waikiki

This was my favorite sunset image last month in Hawaii. I took the revivied (from electronic water damage) Coolpix 990, and shot this on Waikiki as the sun went down. I believe I had to do some adjusting of the exposure, as shooting into the sunset is always tricky. Straight exposure (after adjustment) resulted in a slightly brighter image. I adjusted in photoshop to darken the image for better silhouette effect of the foreground people and to get the water in better detail. Also eliminated a flare spot on water diagonal from the sunset--the usual problems associated with shooting into the light source. dwf

2 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Hi Dennis,

I reeeeally love those clouds that are strung out in the sunset!! The orange glow is pretty cool too :)

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 12:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for de-lurking and posting, Dennis! Nice to have you back.

It looks like someone just nuked the cruise ship! :)

This is another typical, great "DWF Sunset" shot.

--Warren

Friday, October 6, 2006 at 7:55:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment