Friday, December 07, 2012

Shelter Cove, Pismo Beach

(First 3, Lumix LX5, last one: Panasonic DMC-G1, Lumix 45-200mm)

A few more from Shelter Cove, this is a shot of our hotel which is ideally situated on top of a bluff over Shelter Cove.


A view of Shelter Cove from above:


A view looking up from the beach. This reminds me of scenery at Arches National Park or Natural Bridges National Monument except that this bridge is man made:


Looking south towards a fog covered Pismo Beach from Shelter Cove:


While Gail used the Lumix GF1, my usual setup on this trip was to use the G1 w/45-200mm(90-400mm equiv.), and Lumix LX5 to cover the wide end (24-90mm equiv).  It worked out well because I could sling the LX5 on my wrist when I'm shooting with the G1. When I wanted to use the LX5, I would switch the G1 w/45-200mm onto my shoulder.

--Warren


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous lena said...

So beautiful scenery at Pismo Beach. nice capture ! I really like
#2 picture that foreground of flowers,and #4 image... waves, birds and mist full of view...Awesome !

Lena,

Friday, December 7, 2012 at 1:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

The final one is spectacular! Surging energy but still the birds are so calm and at ease, like the easy flow of the mountainous horizon.

Friday, December 14, 2012 at 12:29:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment