Sunday, December 02, 2012

The Simple Joy of a Large Puddle

Panasonic DMC-G1, Lumix 14mm f2.5

Gail and I were at the Hiller Aviation Museum in San Carlos yesterday morning. We were supposed to see Santa Claus land at Hiller Aviation in a helicopter, and also hear our friend and his local community band play Christmas carols while the children talk to Santa Claus. We were told that if it rained that morning, Santa would come in a car instead. When we woke up that morning, it was pouring rain, so we assumed Santa would not fly in, so we slept in and left late to the event. Well, when we got there, Santa had already arrived by helicopter because the rain stopped long enough for him to fly in. Also, we missed our friend's local band play Christmas Carols. We decided to look walk around anyway, and when we walked outside, we saw these kids playing and splashing in a giant puddle of rain water. I guess a large puddle is irresistible to kids, and it seemed like the children enjoyed this more than seeing Santa Claus.

--Warren

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dolph Brust said...

All the colors with the kids against the grey sky adds to this photo. The reflections of the kids and the happy faces makes me want to jump right into the middle of the puddle.

We are only young once.

A point in time that will not happen again.....nice capture of the moment.

**Dolph

Monday, December 3, 2012 at 9:45:00 AM PST  
Anonymous lena said...

A joyful scene. they were having a great moment. very nice reflections in the puddle. nicely capture !

And also a remaining me long time ago in my country. we did not have much toys to play,that puddle will be my " toy " to spend time. it's a great memory image too...

Lena.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:07:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this photo!! I tried posting earlier and ....... i dont know... my attempt failed... but with that said the colors are amazing.. you can enjoy the energy and the simplicity of a time (I) wish I had thought about more often throughout the last 15 years ... . this is the kind of photography I want to get better at and be lucky enough to stumble upon.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:46:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment