Friday, March 25, 2011

Seagull in Flight

Panasonic DMC-G1, Konica 40mm f1.8

This was taken at Pacifica Pier today. There happened to be a person there who was cutting up some fish on the pier and feeding it to the gulls. They were all hovering and flying around hoping to get a piece of the action.

An opportunity like this doesn't happen very often, and it was all over in about 10 minutes. I have some other interesting shots that I might post later.

I like this picture in particular because it shows the grace and beauty of a bird in flight.

Note the lens that I was using... my recently acquired, 20+ years old, vintage, manual focus lens.

--Warren

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

A great shot! Wonderful detail, including the very white areas - and all with a *manual* focus lens, too.

Friday, March 25, 2011 at 6:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Very nice shot. Reminds me of a picture that I took a couple of years ago with sun behind the bird. I really like how the wing tips are lit up.

**Dolph

Friday, April 1, 2011 at 5:16:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment