Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beautiful Curves

Panasonic DMC-G1, Leitz 50mm f2.8 Elmar, Lumix 20mm f1.8

This is a gorgeous, well-preserved, mid-60's Toyota 2000GT. It is the first highly collectible Japanese car. When I was a kid, I would draw sports cars freehand, and somehow my drawings always end up looking like this car :). The compound curves of the bodywork and window glass made this car very expensive to produce, thus making it very expensive to buy. It cost $6800 in the mid-60's making it more expensive than contemporary Porsche and Jaguars. Just over 300 were produced and only 60 cars were imported into North America.

These pictures were taken at the Stanford Concours this year. I wanted to try my Leitz 50mm Elmar, but after taking 3 pictures, I decided that I did not have enough room at the Concours to work with the 50mm focal length. I switched to the Lumix 20mm for the rest of the pictures. One of the first 3 pictures was of this car. I went back later and snapped a couple more with the 20mm.

Taken with the Leitz 50mm:



Taken with the Lumix 20mm:



--Warren

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment