Friday, October 01, 2010

Salmon Run, Ketchikan, Alaska

Lumix DMC-GF1, Lumix 14-45mm

When we first came to Ketchikan many years ago (I think it was in the mid-90's), I was shooting film and I brought my Nikon F4s. As I recall, it was an overcast day, and even though there were just as many fish back then in Ketchikan creek, the light was not as good as this time. I have great memories of seeing all the salmon for the first time, and I was really looking forward to seeing them again this time. I was not disappointed.

On this day, it was sunny and warm, and I saw thousands of salmon converging at the mouth of the creek, going from a wide inlet to a narrow creek about to make their final swim up the creek. They were all lit well by the sunlight and clear blue skies.

--Warren

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Great one, Warren- it's like National Geo.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 10:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Nice patterns Warren and the light is perfect

Dan,

Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 2:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Wow, fantastic shot! Amazing sight :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 8:34:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment