Saturday, December 27, 2014

Dynamic Ocean Beach and Land's End

Lumix G5, Lumix 20mm f1.7

It was one of those amazing winter days a couple of weeks ago, in between the rain, when there was an almost perfect combination of sun, clouds, sand, surf, and reflections.

I must say that since I came back from our 2 month trip, I had an urge to do black and white pictures. I shot these two with the intention of making black and white images.

My previous session was with the D200, this time, I decided to take shoot the G5 with the spectacular 20mm f1.7 lens.

Which one do you like (and why)? I would love to know.

--Warren



Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Warren, I like each equally. Your use of foreground highlights for me makes these images. They draw you into the image and bring you into the moment you captured. I find that often the foreground is not exploited and is often wasted space within the image, but these are beautiful in that they significantly contribute to the overall composition.

Dan

Sunday, December 28, 2014 at 4:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

I like the first one for its abstract qualities. The clouds are full of daydreaming shapes, and the waves seem to have made a face there staring off to the left. It has a very timeless appeal.

Sunday, December 28, 2014 at 6:24:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Lena said...

Beautiful View. Amazing scene at Ocean Beach, nice composition, great B/W, excellent capture...:-)

Lena

Monday, December 29, 2014 at 10:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...



I like both photos but the top one is my favorite. The tones are more even while still holding that complete black to light composition.

And now after Lea pointing it out. I see the face in the beach.

So now you have a face in a beautiful place. Cant beat that. =)

~Carl~

Monday, December 29, 2014 at 5:34:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment