Friday, December 05, 2014

Arch Series on the Seine, Paris

Lumix LX5

I went for a walk along the Seine one day while we were in Paris. As I walked along the bank, I saw a wonderful mix of curves and lines as I got close to one of the bridges. I took a number of shots, and I picked three to post here.

Which one do you like, and please explain what it is that you like (or not like) about it.

Hey, I missed playing here on our blog, let's get it rolling again!

--Warren

#1


#2


#3


Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...


I like # 2 the best... It looks like you took a step back from the first shot to show the relationship from the bridge arch and the first walker to the second power walker also revealing the overhang.

Lots of straight lines and curves, two bridges and now I know what the word Seine means. =)

Great to have you back.

Carl

Friday, December 5, 2014 at 10:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lea said...

I like #1, and would like to crop the top off a bit to let the underbelly of the bridge reach the edge of the frame as it does on the left and right. It has a long hollow feeling, space to think and daydream into and not worry who my be walking and running by soon.

Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 10:33:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Lena said...

Amazing ! great view look through the frame and composition. nice shot !

Lena,

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 10:27:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Lena, do you have a favorite one of the three images?

--Warren

Sunday, December 7, 2014 at 11:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

For me the last B & W seems to capture the history and moment Warren. Good tonality and actually I like it w/o anyone in it.

Dan

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 6:43:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Lena said...

I would like the first picture of three, the red spot catch my eyes, nice shot...:-)

Lena

Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 5:00:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment