Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Commercial Pier - Lens Testing






I met a Photographer on Craigslist looking for some new glass. We hit it off and now i have a new buddy to shoot with. Turns out she has a bag of amazing glass as well. Also turns out I have a new camera to test it out on.

Most of these shots were taken with the Nikkor 14-24mm and one with the 24-70mm. I purchased a D810 a couple weeks ago. Its as if a whole new world has opened up.

~Carl~

FYI - I do enjoy the Photo forum and realize that jumping onto a larger platform will also muddle the personal experience that is very difficult to duplicate on todays social super highway. Sometimes being ok with no change is the best kind of change.

3 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Nice kick-off for your new tool Carl. Seems you are already using it to perfection. I can't say enough about my d800e, and the 810 could only be better. In a few hours I am heading to Yellowstone with the Nikon and a full lens kit. Hope to share when I get back next month.

Dan

Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 7:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Great, original photos, Carl! I like the beanbag toss picture, great idea.

--WT

Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 10:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Dan & Warren!

Cant wait to see some yellow stone shots. You are going for a full month? Exciting!

I know you are off the grid right now. When you get back I would be very interested to know what is in your full lens kit & what you enjoy using the most.

I love the D810... I wrestled for a while on whether I was ready for a purchase like this or not but after getting my hands on the files I wont be able to go back. Not that I dont still love my other camera but the possibilities even with my DX len's opened up a whole new world of shooting.

*** Does anybody understand why for instance the Nikkor 24-70 shows so much more color than the 14-24mm on the same settings. They both have all the add ons one would expect from an expensive top tier Nikon lens and the 14-24 is supposed to be the mac daddy of wide angles yet I saw so much more color in my raw files from the couple of shots I took with the 24-70. ***

~Carl~

Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 3:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment