Wednesday, August 20, 2014

BMW 3.5 CSL at Laguna Seca

Lumix G5, Lumix 100-300mm

And now for a change of pace... :)

Any BMW fans out there?

I shot this on Sat. 8/16 at the annual Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca Raceway. I practice my motorsports photography once a year at this event :). The BMW had just exited Turn 3 and was accelerating down the short straight to Turn 4.

This is a 1975 BMW 3.5 CSL that raced in the IMSA GTO Series of that era. It was one of four made for the IMSA GTO racing series. The engine is a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder, producing 440bhp at 8600rpm. (wow!) I really like the wild paint and outrageous spoilers, flares and generally bold appearance.

I have many more photos from Race Week that I may decide to post in the days to come.

--Warren

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lena said...

Gorgeous colorful classic BMW car. excellent...:-)

Lena,

Monday, August 25, 2014 at 9:06:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment