Friday, December 14, 2012

Decisive Warmups


Priming my brain on Cartier-Bresson... http://youtu.be/MW7I3GBdsBw  ... Really, such a beautiful thinker.

The final comments on the YES affirmation; "even if it's something that you hate --YES". It brought back to my conscience a photo I took in Chile. At the market, all the fresh foods, delicious cheese and murta berries. We loved eating them so much. They were different, and wholesome. For some reason my dad gets such a kick out of this pic. It makes him have one of those hardy laughs, straight from the gut. The worker is oblivious to those pigeon feet and pigeon pecks at the cheese. I think it was from him commenting on the sanitary state that brought me to an awareness of it, because I didn't want to see this, and yet felt so compelled to *click* that picture. But I do not "LIKE" this picture, because it opposes what I want to believe about the purity and safety of food. I just want to eat and be merry! But here, this makes me think twice for the remainder of the trip about foods I ate and will eat. For sure has that YES affirmation, YES I hate this!

The decisive challenge just got more challenging for me . .

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Great documentary picture!

Note to self: Do NOT eat the cheese in Chile :P LOL!

--WT

Friday, December 14, 2012 at 9:59:00 AM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

I am with you Lea, what you do not know often will not harm you, but then again...

Nice image

Dan

Sunday, December 23, 2012 at 1:21:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment