Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sunset at Sutro Bath

Panasonic DMC-G1, Lumix 14-45mm

Here is a picture series from a recent sunset walk at the old Sutro Bath ruins. It is now just a large hole where the structure used to be, but it harbors endless photo opportunities. It always looks different every time we go there. I'm still exploring the capabilities of my Panny G1. The black & white pictures in this series were taken with the camera's b&w film mode.

I would love to hear which pictures were your favorites, and I welcome comments, and/or discussion about any or all of them.

--Warren

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

#8:

#9:

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Very good photos - my favorite is #3, the silhouette of the twisted trees, which I think is exquisite.

I like the complex, twisty shapes of the trunks and the needle-y leaves in contrast with the calm sea. The tones are beautiful. Great B&W.

Thursday, March 25, 2010 at 5:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

FAAAANtastic. I found them all interesting. The variety is Just enough! Portrait, landscape, colour, b&w, close ups... And besides that, of course, it looks like a beautiful place to be :)

Favs -#5+6, and #3

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 9:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Seems, like you are enjoying the new system Warren, nice grouping, I especially like your use of the B & W for the nostalgic shot of the baths.

Dan

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 11:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ted M said...

Warren, I really like the first one, the top half especially, beautiful sunset.

Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 11:12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment