Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Corrina Hein Triptych


At the bike expo in Seattle last weekend, I was lucky enough to see the artistic cyclists from Germany. Thought I'd try a triptych of Corrina Hein to give an impression of motion, and her strength and ability on the bike! The stage was not that big but she managed to do a lot of amazing things by riding in circles.

I used my phone for the shots actually, as I hadn't brought anything better. Following her movement I was able to get a few "less blurry" ones! But I actually still like some blur, somehow, for some reason. And then decided I liked how it looked in black and white so I made the change in iPhoto.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Very nicely done! I like the progression of image widths from wide to narrow which greatly adds to the sense of motion. The blur and B&W totally work for this series.

--Warren

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 8:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks -I'm really digging the diptych/triptych thing. :) Still so much to try! lol

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 1:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Lea,

I like the blur. It helps me feel the tension in the hopes he doesn't fall. Nice use of the project on these shots.

**Dolph

Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 7:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks Dolph!

Friday, March 19, 2010 at 10:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Really works with the B & W Lea good choice. Seems as if I am at some Russian circus in the 1950s.

Dan

Saturday, March 20, 2010 at 9:06:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment