Friday, March 12, 2010

Helpful Stranger

Pentax Program-A, Takumar 50mm f1.4

This is a true hip-shot. I was walking down the street, and saw a nice guy help this old man tune his guitar. I had just a split second to manually guess focus, then bring the camera to my hip and aim by instinct. I wasn't sure if I got the shot until I processed the film. The camera was on Aperture priority mode, so I didn't have to guess exposure as well.

By the time I walked next to them and snapped the shutter, he had already finished, handed the guitar back, and was about to stand up, so the picture appears a bit mysterious as to what they're actually doing.

I'm just glad I got both of them in frame, but I'm not sure if the pictures "works". :)

--Warren

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Warren,

You did capture the interaction between the two guys. It's unfortunate that you couldn't adjust the depth of field so the building in the back didn't distract the viewer. My eye moves to the building...maybe it is just me.

You did a great job on capturing the interaction. I wonder what knowledge the older guy was giving to the younger guy.

**Dolph

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 at 7:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment