Saturday, August 05, 2006

Welcome to FPCF, Lea!!!

Hi Gang,

Please join me in welcoming Lea to our merry band of photographers!

You've probably seen her comments on our picture posts. I asked her to join us as a contributor, and she agreed.

Following is her self-written intro:

Hi, I'm Lea and I am totally an amateur photographer. It seems to be quite fun! My little digital camera (Canon PowerShot SD400) has carved out a little place in my heart :)
My approach to taking photos so far has been, if I like it, I'm going to take a picture of it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Welcome Lea! It will be great to see another person's interpretation of the world via photography. Great art form isn't it? I hope you enjoy participating as much as the rest of us. Great to have you along for the ride!

Eric

Saturday, August 5, 2006 at 9:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Glad you like the Canon. Digital photography is fun, huh? I never did digital either till about 8 months or so ago. Do you still do film? I have found that both are just a lot of fun.

Ej

Monday, August 7, 2006 at 4:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

No, I don't do film shots. I only have one camera -- my little digital Canon ;)

I got it because it was an easy way to put pictures online. It's a starter camera -- I just wanted to see what photography is like a little bit.

I know I am missing much of the taste of photography with such a simple camera but it's a good way to see if you like something -- start small.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 7:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

You're not missing much of the the taste of photography at all. So much can be done with point and shoots - both film and digital. I used to feel that way about film point and shoots till I read that professional photographers used to carry these along with their SLRs. (This was about 13 yrs ago so digital wasn't big yet.) Pros felt that there were many situations in which point and shoots were more appropriate.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 at 1:38:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment