Sunday, July 30, 2006

Chinese Dragon Design


Nikon D100, Tamron 24-135mm

We wandered into a music store at the Cannery in Fishermans Wharf, where there were some antique Chinese drums on display. I liked the design of this one, a classic Chinese dragon picture.

With regard to the monthly theme, this is your forum too, so I'm open to all ideas and opinions. My original intent of introducing the monthly project was so that we can work on something together as a group. I thought it would be great to see 4 or 5 different interpretations of a theme. In our previous months, it really was great to see everyone's contributions.

If I'm the only one shooting for the monthly project, then the whole thing seems kind of pointless. I could just choose my own personal projects whenever I feel like it.

So again, I'll leave it up to you. If you want to throw out an idea, I'm game. Just make sure that if you do offer an idea, you'll participate too. I'll give our "official" monthly project a rest for a while.

Personally, I would make a point to go out and shoot a particular topic, location, subject, technique, or idea, but that's just me.

I took my ancient Nikon F2s with me today, on our walk down to the Northbeach Jazz Festival. There was a half shot roll of Ektachrome (E100sw) in the camera. I was using my equally old Nikkor 35mm f2.8 lens. This camera has a problem with the metering system. There is a loose connection somewhere that causes the power to go out to the meter at inopportune times. It would work fine at home, but would power off in the field, so about 1/3 of the shots were done without the meter. It's not a big deal, just an annoying thing that will need to be fixed if I ever get the camera overhauled. Despite its problems, I still enjoyed shooting with this tank of a camera.

--Warren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment