Thursday, July 27, 2006

Marlboro McLaren F1 Racer in Action


Nikon F3HP, Kodak Ektachrome

This is scanned from a slide. I'm guessing that I shot this with my Nikon F3HP w/MD4 motordrive on a monopod, but I don't remember which lens was used at the time.

I have been missing out on Historic Racing action lately, but I'll be attending this year's Historic Races at Laguna Seca in August. I'll try to get some new actions shots then.

This was taken, I believe, in the mid-90's at Sears Point Raceway (now Infineon) before I got my Nikon F4, and before digital. This a vintage McLaren Formula One race car.

--Warren

5 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

hi Everyone,

I need a favor from you, please. I need you to tell me what you think of the color saturation of this picture because I'm trying to determine which of my monitors most closely matches everyone's perception.

On my desktop's monitor, the colors on this picture are much more vivid than when I view the same image on my laptop's monitor.

Thanks,

Warren

Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 10:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Oh...calibration time, huh? I am looking at it on my work PC and the colors are vivid. I like it. Then again, I like bright colors (hence the reason I messed with saturation on some photos in the past).

Eric

Friday, July 28, 2006 at 7:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Benson said...

The red of the race car is very vivid, almost bordering on hot pink on my monitor. Did you do some color adjusting after scanning? Being a Marlboro car, I know that it should be red. I don't think we see too many hot pink F-1 cars.

Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 1:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

I have looked at this on three different monitors. One is my desktop at work, looks vivid red. The second on my desktop here at home, and again red but not as intense. On my laptop, the car should be running for Mary Kay cosmetics....its pink.

Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 3:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the feedback guys, the actual Marlboro racing color is vivid orange/red, which is how it appears on my two monitors, except it appears much more intense on one than the other.

Benson, I did not do any color adjusting, just some minor levels and contrast. The color on the slide was pretty accurate.

--Warren

Sunday, July 30, 2006 at 7:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment