Monday, April 10, 2006

Sunshine Skyway Bridge


I was in the Tampa, Florida area a few weeks ago. On that trip I broke my foot so was not able to get around too well. Unfortunately, I could not take too many pictures. On our way to the airport, I sat in the front seat with my wife's Canon A95 P&S camera to try to catch anything that looked interesting. This was taken in a car going 60mph. I had to do some color correcting as taking it through the windshield gave it a bluish tone. I think this is the bridge design they hope to do for the San Francisco Bay bridge.

3 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Very nice capture (@60mph, no less!).

--WT

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 11:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger SteveR said...

Wonderful composition, Benson - inlcuding how you got that dark car (SUV?) at just the right point. Excellent.

-- SteveR

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 5:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Benson said...

Composition of the bridge and roadway was really luck. I would not recommend doing this while driving but while sitting in the passenger seat, you can get some surprisingly good pictures. Of course, color correcting helped a lot because the windshield gave it a horrible blue tinge.

Color correcting technique very similar to what Steve had described on his blog a while back. I followed the instructions in the Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. Warren had an earlier edition that led me to get this one. Great book with a cookbook approach to whatever photo problem you are trying to correct. Highly recommended.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 at 9:12:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment