Thursday, March 30, 2006

Santa Cruz, CA -- Street Candid, Girl and Dogs


Canon GIII QL17, Ilford XP2 Super

We stopped in downtown Santa Cruz on our way to Carmel. As we walked along the main drag, I saw this little girl meet a couple of friendly retrievers. She was delighted to be able to pet them.

I quickly grabbed this shot even though the lighting was very difficult. I relied on the AE of the Canon. I had to do a bit of correction in PS because the scene was extremely backlit and contrasty. The Walgreens scan to CD was horrible, but this will have to do until I get my scanner going again.

I hope the composition makes up for the technical difficulties.

--Warren

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Personally, I think the way the shades came out in this photo are pretty interesting. Gives it kind of a photojournalistic quality.

Eric

Thursday, March 30, 2006 at 10:20:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does indeed. What a pity that the other pet was not available in the picture. The child's expression is comforting though.
PAT

Monday, April 10, 2006 at 5:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Pat, my first version of this picture includes the other pet. I'll post it.

--Warren

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 at 1:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment