Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Stack O' Stetsons

Stack O' Stetsons - Steamboat Springs, CO  Canon A40Since Warren insisted... ;-) here is the photo that got a Donor of the Day award on Usefilm last week.

I was just looking for some old images to play around with that grayscale technique from Scott Kelby's book - I found this one from my old Canon A40 2MP digicam - cropping the photo to leave in just the middle abstracted the Stetsons a bit to emphasize the shapes of the brims - I kinda liked it, and I guess it turned out to be more successful than I realized (you should see the uncropped image - it ain't much to look at :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Hi Steve, thanks for posting this. I like this picture for a number of reasons:

- It's very original
- It's true to your style
- It's technically excellent (good job on the B&W conversion)
- It's a beautiful composition, starting with the beautiful s-curve of the lowest brim, then having the successive brims repeat the pattern, but slowly flatten out. It takes a practiced eye to "see" this pattern.

--Warren

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 7:52:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment