Monday, March 27, 2006

FPCF News & Rollcall Time Again

Hi Everyone,

I visited SteveR's blog the other day, and I noticed that Steve was awarded Donor of the Day for a second day in a row! Congratulations, Steve! I really like that picture, and I hope Steve chooses to post it here on FPCF too.

We're such a small and close knit group, I am always concerned when people drop off and disappear. So, it would be great if you can spend just a few minutes to check in here and let us know how you've been, and what you're up to.

Here's the latest news from my point of view:

Me -- Well, as you can tell by my recent postings, my love for shooting film and for shooting with a wide variety of equipment is still very strong. I was very impressed with the lens and AE performance of the Canon GIII. I now know why this little gem of a camera has so many fans. Next up, when I have time, is the Fed 3B. I still don't have my Nikon Coolscan film scanner online. I have not had time to install the new SCSI that I bought, and I have not had time to find the correct SCSI cable.

SteveR -- Steve has been busy winning Donor of the Day awards at Usefilm.com. Two days in a row, amazing! I really appreciate Steve's articles on Photoshop technique, and his willingness to share his points of view on various composition topics.

Dolph -- Finally, a couple of picture posts from Dolph. I know that Dolph is busy with his new job as Corporate Controller of a manufacturing company.

Jill -- Jill, our resident artist, is usually busier with work, and her other interests. I don't think she is set up at home for easy Internet access even though she has a new computer now. I told Jill that I would write up her bio for the bio page, and I still owe her that (along with a funny picture of her).

Benson -- With the demands of running a Orthodontic practice, and raising a young daughter, it's not surprising that Benson is mostly in "lurk" mode. I do know that Benson recently acquired a nice 12-24mm superwide zoom lens, and I'm hoping to see some more shots from it.

Martin -- Hey Martin, you've been quiet. I hope everything is okay with you.

Tony -- I heard from Benson that Tony has been very busy with work (teacher), and with taking photo classes (for his intended new career in photography). I hope Tony decides to engage in this group again, I'm very interested to see some of his latest work.

Dennis -- Dennis recently re-acquired a Nikon D100 dslr. I'm looking forward to having Dennis back on the forum with posts and his excellent analysis and commentary.

Steve F. -- Steve told me that his current interest is digital video, so Steve may be in permanent lurk mode. He did say that he still wants to participate sometime in the future, but I'm not sure what that will be.

Pat -- Pat has been the commentor-extraordinaire recently, even though I know that he is very busy with his new company. I wonder if his friend, Larry, was able to show Pat the benefits of the "digital darkroom", like Larry had planned.

Eric -- Eric has made the forum come alive with his enthusiastic participation. There will be a drop off for sure, when Eric takes some time off to visit his parents back in Natick, MA. But he's bringing his digicam, so I expect him to take TONS of pictures and inundate the forum when he gets back!

So it's your turn, what's going on with you???


Happy Shooting!

Warren

6 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

Hello All!

Warren - thank you for this very nice post - it's great to hear what everyone else is doing. Also thank you so much for your kind words on my photos.

Best regards to all,
SteveR

Monday, March 27, 2006 at 12:56:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

Well, I hope I'll shoot a couple of nice ones. Perhaps Boston or the Charles River. If I take a ton, I'm bound to get a couple of good ones. We'll see...

Monday, March 27, 2006 at 3:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger SteveR said...

"...If I take a ton, I'm bound to get a couple of good ones. ..."

Now your talkin', Eric! That's exactly the right attitutde. See my blog post from last year on exactly this philosophy at http://therosenblog.blogspot.com/2005/09/most-of-my-pictures-suck.html

BTW, in a previous life, when I was younger, so much younger than today, I was married to a girl from Lexington whose family had lived in Natick when she was a little girl. I got married at age 21 - it was not a good match, however, and we separated & got divorced a few years later - with no kids fortunately. My only regret is that I shoulda sued for custody of my ex-In-Laws - they were wonderful ;-)

The happy end of the story is I did better 2nd time around - Sandy & I celebrated our 25th anniversary last July.

When are you flying to Massachusetts? I haven't been there in more than 25 years, but I remember that whole area was beautiful

Best regards,
SteveR

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 4:44:00 AM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

Steve, so you know Natick, MA, too? Ever feel like you are supposed to know certain people in your life??? Anywho...

In regard to taking pix and getting the shots you really want, you really like, & that are really worth posting or printing, I learned a long time ago, that doesn't happen too often in this life. Heck, then they wouldn't be special, right? And that would take the fun out of it.

I will be heading back to Natick on 3/31 to check in on the parents for a couple of weeks. They are old now and w/my sis and brother-in-law gone for a couple of wks, I wanted to be sure I am around. And you are right, the area around there is nice. I've grown to appreciate it a lot more over the yrs.

So you know Natick. Man, wonders will never cease.

Later.

Ej

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 10:05:00 AM PST  
Blogger SteveR said...

Hi Eric,

Actually, I don't really know Natick well - just from passing through there. The Ex lived there years before I met her. However, I know OF Natick because of the amazing Army lab there where they design the latest BDU's, do research on MRE's etc.

But in any event, I wish you a good trip and all the best to your parents.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 11:15:00 AM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

Thx, Steve.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 at 1:22:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment