Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"What Would Warren Do?..." (WWWD?)

Walkway and Fence, SidelightingOne of the great things about this Forum is the cross-fertilization of ideas and "seeing" between us all.

This morning, I went to meet someone at a marina nearby to drop off some prints - I hadn't been there before, and while I was waiting, I saw this scene... not something I think I would have even noticed before, but when I saw it this time, I thought, "hey, that's something Warren would shoot!"

Since I had my trusty new Canon A620 with me, I took a few shots. At least, I think it's a "Warren Photo" - what do you think?? In any event, it's "Warren-inspired" :-)

I wanted to get this up on the Forum, especially so Warren could see it - I'm still at work and just took a few minutes to suck today's photos into my PC and desaturate it in Picassa - I'll try to do a better B&W conversion in the next few days (there really was hardly any color in this image, anyway.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

What incredible timing!!!

I had just posted my "Fence Arrow" shot just before you posted the WWWD shot :).

So I guess the answer is yes, it would be a subject that I would shoot! Too funny!

--WT

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 3:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger SteveR said...

wow - yeah, look at those time stamps - 11 minutes apart - well, I couldn't wait any longer to see if it was a true "Warren Woulda Shot It" (WWSI) photo... and I'm really glad you think it is! That's too cool.

What can I say, Warren, great minds think alike, no?

-- SteveR

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 3:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger Benson said...

I'll have to chime in and say that without looking at who posted the picture, I thought it was Warren's. How about that?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 3:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

uh-oh, maybe i'm becoming too predictable :) :P

here's a future monthly project:

shoot like someone else on the forum, hehehheh...


--WT

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 3:51:00 PM PST  
Blogger SteveR said...

Hi Benson - would you say that it was a .... Tang-y ... photo?

(Ouch! what a terrible pun!)

Warren - that's not a bad idea!

- SteveR

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 3:56:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

We can shelve the idea until we get some more samples from the other folks on the forum (don't know when that would be though, it may be a while).

SteveR, you have a very obvious style. This is an honest question for you and everyone else: Do I have a recognizable style? I tend to run the gamut of subject matter, but perhaps you can still tell it's me despite the subject???

I would really like to know.

--WT

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 at 4:04:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment