Thursday, April 06, 2006

Rumination...

Obligatory Picture Post: Our 500SL in Front of our Favorite Hotel in Carmel, Canonet GIII QL17, Ilford XP2 Super

Not a very artsy picture, but I think it's a bit strange to have that vintage B&W look with a modern car. The picture was a bit underexposed, I think, which caused it to be a little grainy. Either that, or Walgreen's scanner botched up again. :) On this overnighter, our room was on the 2nd floor, just above the driver's side of the SL in this picture.

-----------------------------

Hi Gang,

We have a lull in the action. After the torrid activity prompted by Eric's, SteveR's, and my barrage of posts, things seem to have subsided for a while. Eric is on a trip back East to Natick, MA to visit with his parents. We've had record rainfall here in the San Francisco area that limits my camera time. Basically Eric, Steve, and I have carried this forum for the last couple of months. I really appreciate Benson taking time out of his busy schedule to post a comment now and then.

Having said that, only 3 out of 10 people responded to my rollcall that simply asks for you to take just a FEW minutes out of your busy schedules to check in. I understand that this kind of apathy is pretty much representative of similar Internet based, small, special interest groups. I'm just stating this to put it out there, I'm not implying anything else.

All the great activity here for the last few months generated a huge volume of daily notification emails, and unfortunately, resulted in many lurkers and casual observers dropping out of the email list. All the notification emails were beginning to clutter up their inboxes! So, there is only one non-contributing subscriber, and that person chooses not to post comments though he enjoys viewing the pictures.

I can't wait for the rains to end. It's supposed to be Spring, but it feels like the middle of winter! Maybe the sun's return will make everyone perk up again.

Because I've been concentrating on this forum, I've neglected my personal blog, and I think I need to carve out a little more time for posting to there, and maybe back off a little here.

Like I mentioned many times before, I am wondering if a little more exposure would benefit this forum. I am thinking about posting our forum onto photoblogs.org, but NOT exposing the forum to the internet search engines (at least directly). This way, it will still be a little more controlled. Some of you had mentioned early on that you like the private nature of this forum, but since you haven't participated much anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point. I welcome any other suggestions on how to manage our exposure to get some regular visitors (and hopefully get more commentary). After all, if not enough people (or nobody) sees our work, isn't it a wasted effort? Or do you still think that sharing among ourselves (the 3 to 4 active participants) is enough?

I want to put some ideas out there for the next few months' worth of Project Themes out there:

- People at Work
- Decisive Moment

Previous ideas:

- Wintry Weather (we're in Spring now, so this is probably out)
- Self Portrait
- Animals

Anyone else have something they want to try?


Happy Shooting!

--Warren

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I've been getting "comments" about my shrinking attention in recent weeks from my daughters, the VR6...and now the Forum. I just returned from yet another 6-days business trip to Bangkok. Life at the new office is simply nightmare.

I can't promise anything otherthan my continued moral support as well as my eager attempts whenever possible to viewing/saying about the works posted to the Forum.

As for Project Themes,my thoughts are:
-people in love
-joy vs sorrow
-lines
PAT

Monday, April 10, 2006 at 5:04:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment