Friday, January 27, 2006

Yosemite Valley Wedding Ceremony

Nikon F4s, Sigma 15-30mm @ 15mm, Ilford XP2

I've been meaning to post this one here, but have not gotten around to it until now. It was taken in February, 2004, almost 2 years ago. We just had dinner last weekend with the couple in the picture, Nancy & Kenneth, and seeing them reminded me of this picture.

They had a pro photographer covering their wedding, but they asked me to shoot some candids. I decided to use my Nikon F4s and D100 with 2 lenses, the 24-135mm and the 15-30mm. I was switching the lenses between the two bodies. I decided to shoot b&w with the F4s, so it was loaded with Ilford XP2. To get the composition and angle that I wanted for this shot, I raised the F4s above my head and took the picture by "feel". Since I was using the 15-30mm on the 35mm Nikon camera, I had it set to 15mm (ultrawide). This made it easier to guesstimate the correct angle.

For this post, I'm trying a full sized picture hosted by fototime.com, rather than using the thumbnail approach from blogger.com. How do you like it? Should we continue to post full sized pictures?

[Okay, I changed this post to use the blogger hosting instead. I used the "large" size thumbnail option with left justification. I like this better. --WT]


--Warren

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Well, sorry if you didn't get to see the original post with the full-sized picture on the main page. I decided that I like the thumbnail style better. By using Blogger's photo hosting, it's easier to vary the formatting of the posts for a nicer overall look.

--WT

Friday, January 27, 2006 at 11:25:00 AM PST  
Blogger martin said...

I like this better too. Maybe we just need to practice with the Blogger formatting.

Friday, January 27, 2006 at 4:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

i also like the way we can use alternating left/right image justification on successive posts. It looks more balanced that way.

--WT

Friday, January 27, 2006 at 4:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Eric said...

This is a cool photo. It almost looks like a painting. Very interesting.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 1:30:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment