Tuesday, January 24, 2006

To Title or Not to Title...


...that is the question.

I brought this topic up before. I began to title my picture posts just because its a habit from posting pictures to other critique sites that do require a title for every picture. There are some people who feel strongly that pictures should NOT be titled because the title may mislead the viewer as to the picture's meaning. The meaning of a picture should be open to each viewer's own interpretation. I tend to agree with this idea. On the other hand, titles make it easier to refer to a particular picture. I suppose we can do generic titles like "Beach Picture #2", but that's not very exciting either :).

What do you think about this?

Here's my untitled picture for the day. It is from the same session at Pacifica's Sharp Park Beach.

--Warren

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Titles are helpful to express, record and identify..and I'm all for it. Whilst it is true that each viewer is free to have his/her interpretation of the work,all the more so for the "creator" to marking his/hers. As for the photo shown,nice work like this is always refreshing to look at.
PAT

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 at 8:01:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment