Thursday, February 17, 2005


"Window Walkers", Millbrae, CA, Nikon F4, Ilford XP2. Posted by Hello

Gail was at an orthotics/shoe store in Millbrae. While I was waiting for her, I was looking out the window at our car when I noticed the picture sign in the window. From my vantage point, they could have been right out there on the sidewalk :). This was taken just last year. I have not abandoned film. In fact, I just bought another film camera (another rangefinder, the Voitlander Bessa R), so you guys will likely see more film shots in the near future.

-- Warren

4 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

So, did this picture do anything for anyone? Or is it just too gimmicky and not worthy of posting? I thought it was cool, but it appears I may be the only one who thinks so :).

As you probably noticed by now, my subject and styles are all over the map. It's interesting for me to see which shots get a reaction and which are ignored.

-- Warren

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 12:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger Benson said...

Sorry to say this picture did not do anything for me. That's why I did not comment on it.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 12:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks Benson. No need to be sorry about it. We can't expect all our pictures to appeal to everyone.

It would be great to know why it didn't do anything for you. Was it because you simply weren't interested in the subject or style (i've heard this from others before)? Was it the composition? If so, how can it be improved? Would it work better in color?

-- Warren

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 at 12:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger martin said...

I find this photo interesting. I look at it and it makes me think about what is going on in the scene. It is very different than other photos you make. I like the way the camera is tilted slightly down creating horizontal and vertical lines that are off axis. You should try to experiment more like this. Perhaps shooting with a rangefinder camera would change the way to look at scenes.

Friday, March 4, 2005 at 10:21:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment