Tuesday, February 15, 2005


"Inside Looking Out", Sony DSC-D770, 1/8 f7, iso 100. Posted by Hello

This is our cat, Easy Life (that's her name), looking out our back window. I've always like this shot from 2001. I posted it to other forums previously, but I've reworked it to post here. I like the mood, and the theme (longing to be out in the world, but unable to go). This is one of those shots with "feeling" that I often wonder if other people feel the same way.

Since that old 1.5MP Sony dslr didn't have a mirror, I was able to successfully handhold it at slow shutter speeds.

-- Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger SteveR said...

Very cool! I like the way you have a monochrome "frame" with the inside, including your cat, surrounding the color outside view. I also like the way you turned the window into a trapezoidal shape - it leads the eye to the cat.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 4:57:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks.

Did you notice that outside cat? :)

Correction: The DSC-D770 has a mirror, but it's fixed, so no mirror slap & vibration to deal with.

-- Warren

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at 10:04:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment