Saturday, February 05, 2005


Groomsman Candid, July 2004, Nikon F4, Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Kodak Tri-X ISO 400, Did not record settings. Posted by Hello

Notes: Okay, time to change the genre on you guys :) I was asked to shoot candids at Kent & Glenda's wedding (Gail's cousin). So I asked them what they wanted. They both like "photojournalistic" style. Since they already hired a pro to shoot the "standard" stuff, I was free to shoot whatever candids that I wanted, and I was to shoot digital. But since I knew that they liked PJ style, I decided to bring a 2nd body (film body) loaded with b&w film. I was able to grab a bunch of shots before and during the ceremony with my F4 using available light. Interestingly, they both really liked these film shots. You can't easily duplicate the "look" of Tri-X with digital.

I grabbed this shot of Jay, one of the groomsmen just before the ceremony started. This was one of their favorites.

-- Warren

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great grab - For me, the play between the incredibly full rose and that smile make the photo.

Friday, February 11, 2005 at 6:24:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment