Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Seeing Red


Camp Car Windows - B&O Railroad Museum, Baltimore Posted by Hello
Canon Digital Rebel
Canon EF-S 18-55mm @ 30mm
1/50 sec @ f/8, ISO 400

Can you tell that I really enjoy having lots of red in my photos?

This image is of a Pullman coach at the B&O Museum - after many years of passenger service, B&O turned it into a "camp car," which I think is a term used to denote a piece of rolling stock reserved for the railroad's own use - as a rolling office, for example.

3 Comments:

Blogger Benson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, February 2, 2005 at 7:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dennis Fong said...

I see the red theme. You must have LOVED Kodachrome 25! I like how you isolate your subject matter in all of your images, leaving no doubt what the viewer should focus on.

Wednesday, February 2, 2005 at 8:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Red is good, especially around Chinese New Year :)

I like this version better than the one on your photoblog because in this one, you expanded the view to include the second window (the one on the right). The reflection in that window tells me immediately that this is a railroad car. I like that perfect symmetry of the bolts too, and of course, the rich color.

-- Warren

Thursday, February 3, 2005 at 7:15:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment