Monday, January 03, 2005


Carmel Mission, Carmel, Calfornia, Nikon D100, 24mm f2.8 AF, 1/200 f8. Posted by Hello

Notes: Gail and I managed to escape on a very short, one night trip to Carmel in between taking care of my father who has not been well. It had been raining all week, but as we arrived in Carmel, the rain turned to intermittent showers. After lunch we decided to visit Carmel Mission to try taking some pictures there. I was actually shooting with the F4s w/50mm lens and Gail was using the D100 w/24mm. While in the courtyard, I noticed a fountain and I wanted to incorporate the mission and fountain into the same shot. I took a few with people standing next to the fountain, but I chose to post this one. Rather than swap lenses, I just decided to swap cameras in order to take advantage of the 24mm on the D100.

--Warren

1 Comments:

Blogger Dennis Fong said...

I tend to look at details to give me clues to what I'm looking at, so I'm dying to see more of the fountain's centerpiece in the photo. At the same time, the white inside wall of the fountain, along with it's dimmer reflection, seem to dominate a significant area of the center of the image, distracting me from the building behind. I think what would look dynamic is a horizontal image, with more water/less fountain wall, and more centerpiece.

Monday, January 3, 2005 at 10:19:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment