Monday, December 27, 2004


Christmas Service, Grace Cathedral, San Francisco, 12/25/2004, Nikon D100, 50mm f1.8D, 1/60 f3.5. Posted by Hello

Notes: I always bring one camera or another to our annual attendance of Christmas Service at Grace Cathedral. This year, I happened to have the right combination of sitting position, camera, and lens to produce this picture. The light streaming through the stained glass provided some appropriate, atmospheric color to the wall above. I didn't want to be too obtrusive so I only took a few shots, and I 'm glad that at least one of them turned out the way that I hoped.

--Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really like the use of negative space. In this case, it conveys the feeling of space in the cathedral.

Monday, January 3, 2005 at 8:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dennis Fong said...

Nice shot. I like the hand held/natural light in the image. It gives me the feeling of being there. I'm sure there are many who bypass this detail, but until you try to get this type of shot in a crowded public place w/out flash and with limited mobility and access, it may be hard for the novice to appreciate. Martin can probably comment to some of this type of environment with and without flash.

Monday, January 3, 2005 at 10:30:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment