Monday, March 11, 2013

Sutro Sam

Lumix DMC-G5, Lumix 100-300mm

This was taken on Feb. 21st, my birthday. I've been looking for Sutro Sam, a wild river otter who took up residence at the Sutro Bath Ruins, ever since he was mentioned in the local media a couple of months ago. Sutro Sam made an appearance for me that day. After brunch at the Cliff House, we walked down to the bath ruins, where I saw Sam eating a fish at the side of the fresh water pond.

I heard that Sam has not been seen since February 23rd, and may have gone away, either because he has run out of food here, or because he is looking for a mate (it is spring after all). :)

I also took a short video of Sam using the same equipment combo: G5 and 100-300mm lens. I uploaded it to Youtube (link here: Sutro Sam Youtube Video).

--Warren

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous lena said...

You got lucky present at your birthday ...:-) nice capture !

Lena

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 6:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Sam looks like he has been dining at the Cliff House, or getting lots of scraps.

**Dolph

Friday, March 15, 2013 at 9:21:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment