Tuesday, November 08, 2011

What a Difference One Accessory Makes

Panasonic DMC-G1, Lumix 14-45mm

I bought an accessory grip for my GF1, and I couldn't be happier. It has transformed the look and feel of the GF1. It now feels 'complete' and well-balanced.

The $100+ grip is sold by a company in Japan only, but I managed to find a used one for $65. It is made of very lightweight aluminum, and it only adds a few ounces and about 1/2 inch to the bottom of the GF1.

It was money well spent, since one of the usual comments about the camera is that there is not enough of a grip for the right hand. That was my opinion as well. In fact, on the recently introduced GF1 replacement, the GX1, Panasonic included a much beefier grip.

--Warren

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

You will find a one or two stop improvement with the ease of holding the camera steady Warren. I did the same for my Leica with a thumb holder.

Dan

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 5:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger back alley said...

i think most cameras are improved with a good grip.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 9:15:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment