Friday, October 28, 2011

More Nikon FM Photos...


Just after I took a few snaps of the gentleman, this beautiful young woman stepped in to pose in front of the vintage bike. I think she looks like a young Joan Collins... maybe even more lovely.

The other photo is an abstract of shadows of the cast iron railing on the steps of a brownstone on W. 15th Street. The brownstone was indeed brown, and I gave it the sepia treatment.

These were taken with the Nikon FM that Warren generously gave me!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Wow, really nice shots, Steve. :)

thanks for posting them here. I'm happy that you're enjoying the Nikons that I gave you.

--Warren

Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 9:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

That bystander in the upper right background is interesting (in a kind of creepy way). :)

--Warren

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 11:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

"..in a kind of creepy way.."

I agree ;-) I wish I had moved a little to the right to keep him out of the frame. He was just an innocent bystander, but this viewpoint makes it look like he's lurking in the shadows.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 7:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Steve Rosenbach said...

Warren, BTW, I just received a very clean Nikon 43-86 zoom 427 in an eBay auction - it makes a nicely balanced and not too heavy mate to the Nikon F2 you gave me... I'm gonna try to shoot that set this weekend.

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 7:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Very cool that you have a 43-86mm to go with the F2. I can't wait to see your F2 shots. --WT

Monday, October 31, 2011 at 11:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger tedm said...

That's a great photo Steve. I like the 43-86 zoom. I have an early one, and while the extremes of the range have distortions, the low contrast can give some nice glow and old camera looks. Really nice with film!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at 6:43:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment