Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Most Haunted Picture EVER

I visited an abandoned insane asylum with some friends recently. The asylum has been torn down and replaced by a memorial. The old barns that the patients worked in are still standing however, as well as the cemetery.. in which buried patients had been given numbers rather than names. They are currently in the process of matching newly engraved headstones with the proper details on them with these other nameless numbers on the ground. Walking around here, I was hoping to find something that felt eerie, something for Halloween, something which could be seen as symbolic of the controversial history here...

Well among the many fascinating sights in this place, I came across this startling "face" beside the broken window. I froze as I saw it and knew this would be the best one for me for the day. I took three photos of it and moved on but seriously I got goosebumps from this. And again as I viewed it the next morning on my computer, alone...

It's made from the grain of the wood, not graffiti. Maybe it is the restless soul hoping to have a name soon. To be known. To be recognized. "I was here." Ooof it still gives me goosebumps just thinking of that.

Ok that's all for my Halloween post. Definitely my most Haunted picture EVER.

2 Comments:

Blogger dan in marin said...

Wow, the face is really incredible, don't know if I would have spotted it without you calling it out, but once you look at it, really chillin.

Dan

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 7:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Woooaaaahhh!!! That is incredibly creepy!

:)

--WT

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10:13:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment