Thursday, November 04, 2010

A Warm Evening at the Beach

Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 DLX, Fuji Superia 400

Simon's panoramic shots inspired me to experiment with using the panoramic format (by cropping, not by stitching).














This is another camera that I inherited because my friends know that I still shoot film. These pictures are part of my first test roll through the camera. These pictures were taken during a recent heat wave. Ocean Beach was crowded with people getting relief from the heat. The zoom range of the Stylus 140 DLX is 38mm to 140mm. I found that while the lens is quite good, I was not used to the slowness of the lens, and the bulkiness and awkward ergonomics of the camera. For me personally, the camera was not fun to use.



--Warren

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon Chan said...

Good job Warren! If there is a easier way to make panorama, I am all for it. Cropping works well with very high resolution photos.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 1:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dolph Brust said...

Warren,

Nice use of the fog in the first picture that draws my eye to the elements in font. I also like the last picture, that make me wonder what the party is all about.....dancing to the sun? The colors of a sunset are always great.

**Dolph

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 3:16:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment