Saturday, March 21, 2009

Me at Russian Hill

Leica M3, 50mm f2.8 Elmar, Fuji Superia Xtra 400

As part of my day out with the M3 for the first time, I wanted to test it under different conditions. In this shot, I wanted to test the Elmar's performance using a semi-shallow depth of field. We came upon this area of open shade, and I selected 1/500, f5.6 (as far as I can remember), handed the M3 to Gail and told her to take my picture with the SF Bay and Alcatraz as the background. This was the first opportunity for Gail to handle the M3, and she did very well, primarily because Gail is no stranger to handling all my different cameras over the many years that we've been together. She took two shots here. The first one was mainly to get a feel for how the camera operates. The picture that you see here is the 2nd shot. I feel that compositionally, she nailed the 2nd shot (she has always had great instincts for composition). I did very little post-processing correction on this one.

Even with a cheap, low-resolution Walgreens scan, you can see that pictures taken with this lens have some "pop" to them. I am very pleased with this Leica 50mm lens.

--Warren



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment