Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Chinese Pavilion at Stow Lake, Nov. 2008


Nikon D100, Nikkor 28mm f2.8 AF-N
I've been out to this location countless times, and I enjoy the challenge of creating a new, unique take on a very familiar scene each time I go there.
You may remember seeing some of my previous photos of the pavilion that I posted here. If you want to see those, do a search on this blog for "Chinese Pavilion" or "Nikon L35AF".
I was hoping to be able to show you some pictures from a newly acquired Canon T-70 35mm slr that I was testing at the same time as when this picture was taken. I talked about what happened in this post on my personal blog.
--Warren

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted M said...

Hi Warren, the photos from your 28 and 50E look great! I was going to comment that the saturation and color looked very DSLR'ish, then read a bit more and yes it is! ;)

I don't have any experience with the Nikon lenses you have, but have some older ones - my MF 28/2.8 .3m version is sharp and has very little flare, but it seems to have more SA distortion than the RF 28mm lenses I've owned - Zeiss 28/2.8, CV 28/3.5, CV 28/1.9, but from what I understand, the next newer Nikkor MF 28, the 28/2.8 with .2m close focus had a redesign and is much better than my older 28 .3m. I'd guess the AF ones just got better and better.

Your photos from the 50/1.8 "E" are also great. I've always heard the same thing, that the optics in these were as good as any, but they were built with a bit more plastic and all. My favorite Nikkor 50 is the "H" 50/2, it just has the retro built like a tank feel, but also has some flare.

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 9:19:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Ted, thanks for the comments. I find it interesting that even after a very brief experience with the 28mm AF, I already feel that it is better than my Nikkor 24mm f2.8 AF in terms of sharpness and contrast. I wonder if my particular example of the 24mm is just not up to par. Yeah, the "E" series were supposed to have more plastic, but that was compared to the AIS versions. The AF versions have even more plastic than the E, for obvious reasons. :)

--WT

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 10:06:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment