Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Marina Blvd., San Francisco


Nikon FG, Nikon 50mm f1.8 Series E, Fuji 400 film
This is looking east from the end of Marina Blvd., in San Francisco's Marina Disrict. The steps in the foreground lead to a small beach that overlooks the boats docked at the St. Francis Yacht club.
I took my newly acquired (free!!!) Nikon FG out for a test run. The Series E 50mm f1.8 lens is very compact and seems to be very sharp. While the Series E lenses were known for being the "economy" line of Nikon lenses, I find that its build quality seems superior to the modern Nikkor AF lenses. As a bonus, I think this is Nikon's most compact 50mm lens.
This FG was supposed to have a stuck or jammed shutter. I believe this was Nikon's first slr body with Programmed auto exposure. It turned out that all it needed was new batteries. I had no problems wth the shutter while shooting this test roll.
--Warren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment