Thursday, August 10, 2006

Joyride


Nikon D100, Nikkor 50mm f1.8D

There's nothing like going on a joyride with your friends.

Shot at the Union Street Fair.

On another topic, I want to bring to your attention a recent development on Rangefinderforums.com. There is now a Critique subforum. I think the good folks on RFF hit upon the right formula for a critique forum. For those of you like me who are interested in giving and receiving critiques with real, constructive comments, you really need to go there to check it out. I am very happy about this new critique forum because the quality of the critiques and participation there was something that I hoped would happen on this forum when I first created it.

So far, I've participated in two critique threads. I chose two of my more successful images (in my opinion). It was a very interesting and educational experience. The carefully considered comments and different viewpoints of each participants make for a very rewarding experience. The rules for participating are posted at the beginning of each thread. You can read it there first to get an idea of the format.

The first one was a Landscape Theme. I chose to use my "Merced River in Winter, Yosemite" shot. You can read it here:

Critique #10 Landscape

The second was an Open Theme. I chose to use my "Broken Window" in Holbrook, AZ shot. You can read it here:

Critique Lucky #13 Open Theme

If you thought it was too much work, or that you didn't have time to comment here on the Friendly Forum, then you probably won't want to participate over there because you are obligated to comment on 4 other pictures in a given critique thread. However, even if you don't participate, it's fun just to read each thread to see what the participants have to say about the pictures.

If you have a chance to check it out, or to participate over there, drop a comment here to let us know what you think about it.

--Warren

1 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Hey Warren, cool site. It reminds me of a casual poker game -- "I'm in, I'm in, ..." and the photo-cards are dealt ;)

Cute pic of the girls at the street fair -- I like that girl's orange sunglasses!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 8:16:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment