Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yosemite

A few weeks ago we were fortunate enough to be able to get a camp site in Yosemite. It is such a beautiful park which makes it difficult to take pictures. How can you convey the beauty around you in a few snapshots? I have tried here with these few shots.



This first shot is from our campsite at night. I used a longer exposure to try to get the beautifully clear night sky. The light and smoke of the camp fire can be seen along the trees.





This next one was taken early the next morning. Since we are camping in the Yosemite Valley, I was able to just wake up, brave the cold and take some pictures. Lighting was a challenge with the bright sky and dark areas on the ground from lack of sunlight. I had to do some post-processing to get a better balance. I hope it doesn't look too obvious.





I happened across this image when we were walking on the trail to Lower Yosemite Falls. I found the tree trunk "pointing" to Half Dome interesting.





Lastly, I came across this view as we were walking back to our campsite after seeing Lower Yosemite Falls.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Nice stuff Warren. I esp like the b&w shot of Lower Yosemite Falls.

Eric

Friday, July 7, 2006 at 11:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

While I would love to claim credit for these nice shots :), I'm sure you meant to say "Benson".

BTW, I really like the night shot where you can see the stars in the sky.

--WT

Friday, July 7, 2006 at 11:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

I forgot to ask you, Benson, how about some technical data about the night shot?

--WT

Friday, July 7, 2006 at 11:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

Oops. Sorry about that, Benson. I didn't see a name so I thought Warren took them. Good stuff.

Eric

Friday, July 7, 2006 at 3:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Benson said...

To answer Warren's question: 30 second shutter on tripod sitting on picnic table, 12mm focal length, f/4, ISO 200.

Thanks for the comments Warren & Eric.

Friday, July 7, 2006 at 3:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

I really love the cold morning picture. The pale sky and dark foreground really contrast eachother and give you that cold feeling. Really awesome shot!

Sunday, July 9, 2006 at 5:19:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment