Monday, April 04, 2005

birthday part 2


birthday2
Originally uploaded by bhwong.

Right after I uploaded it I thought to myself I should have done some post-processing to brighten it up. This was taken in fine jpg on my D70 so I was limited in using the curves function in Photoshop to lighten it up. My last few pictures I've taken in raw and it is so nice to do white balance correction. I may switch to raw shooting from now on and just do some Photoshop processing on each shot I want to keep. Thanks for the recommendation, Warren. Anyone else want to see more birthday pictures? Just kidding ;-).

3 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

Benson, just curious, what WB setting do you use on your D70? On my D100, I use Cloudy -1 as a general setting. For those situations when I know the lighting is different (example, flourescent), I'll get more specific.

-WT

Monday, April 4, 2005 at 4:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the revised version looks much better.

thanks,

warren

Monday, April 4, 2005 at 4:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Benson said...

I usually shoot in auto mode for white balance. However, now with shooting in raw, it doesn't matter as much because I can change it after the fact.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 8:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment