Friday, March 25, 2005


Hoboken Sleepers Posted by Hello

Trolling through some CDs I burned from last summer, I found this photo which I took in Hoboken early last August. I like the pattern made by the benches and the "reflection" of the foreground snoozer by the one in the background.

The park, uy the way ("Pier A Park",) is built on the ruins of decrepit shipping piers, left to rot for years after Hoboken faded as a center of shipping on the Hudson. It's a wonderful asset for the city - I wish we had it way back in the late 60's when I went to college in Hoboken!

Do you think the photo is too gray and dull overall?

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

This is a great capture, very humorous :).

I don't think it is too gray. It conveys a feeling of sleepiness :)

Besides, there are not too many true gray scenes out there, and it's interesting to see a well captured rendition.

Thanks for posting, Steve,

HEY, how about everyone else??? Where are you?

--WT

Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 9:04:00 AM PST  
Blogger SteveR said...

P.G. - yes, you DID say "juxtapositioning," and that means you're getting quite advanced in "seeing" photographically ;-)

Thanks for your kind comment.

-- SteveR

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 at 3:57:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment