Wednesday, March 23, 2005


Green Chair, Red Wheel Posted by Hello

Canon Digital Rebel, Sigma 70-300mm zoom, f/8 @ 1/500, ISO 200

Another picture taken in front of that antique store a few weeks ago. I was attracted by the contrast of the red and the green at first. Then I noticed the play of the spokes of the wheel and the "spokes" on the back of the chair. Also, the I thought the curve of the wheel rim was echoed by the curved arm of the chair, as well as more subtly by some other curved shapes in shadow at right (very hard to see in the web image.)

But I'm really not sure if it all works. What do you think??

2 Comments:

Blogger Warren T. said...

This is a very interesting picture to study. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I like the flare of red on the rim. It reminded me of Benson's shot of the St. Louis arch.

My mind wants to see more of the red wheel, but since the majority of it is in shadow, my eye naturally begins to fixate on that patch of snow on the chair seat. And I'm thinking to myself, "Hmmm, what would happen if I accidentally sat on that chair?".

So the design elements are there, but perhaps there is not a strong enough main subject to focus on.

Just some thoughts...

HEY, what does EVERYONE ELSE think? Inquiring minds REALLY would like to know :)

Saturday, March 26, 2005 at 8:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

I would really like to hear what others think of this picture. (and I'm sure Steve would appreciate it too) :).

--WT

Tuesday, April 5, 2005 at 3:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment