Thursday, March 17, 2005


Lake Louise, Canada, Nikon F4, 24mm f2.0, Kodak RG 200 Posted by Hello

Some of you may remember seeing this one already. I reworked it a little in Photoshop to post here. When I first scanned it, I didn't know Photoshop as well as I do now.

A few years ago, we went to the Banff and Lake Louise area in late May/early June, and we were able to see Lake Louise half iced over. You can see Chateau Lake Louise at the far end of the lake. We parked there and went for a hike around one side of the lake. While taking a break to admire the view, a cooperative chipmunk posed for me on a rock. With the 24mm lens, I was actually pretty close to the little fellow.

--Warren

2 Comments:

Blogger martin said...

This photo has much detail, perhaps too much. The chipmunk is nice and the green band in the water is ok but the sky and the reflection in the water are too light. I'm curious to see the original file. I suspect that you lightened the detail in the right side of the water too much.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 4:41:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Thanks for the comments. I agree, the sky is a little light. I did not do too much lightening. That's pretty much exactly how the water and reflection looked, including the turquoise color.

Perhaps you don't like to "see" ultrawide perspectives, or it's not your preference.

--Warren

Saturday, March 19, 2005 at 5:04:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment