Monday, December 29, 2014

Never Turn Your Back To The Ocean





A couple weeks ago we had waves reach 10ft during a few days of storming. I think these were around 8ft. Large for South Florida. I met a friend for his morning surf hoping to get a some good photos. Running to the beach I dropped my bags at the top of the stairs and checked how far in the water was coming. Seemed ok. I put my GoPro on its tripod 3" in the ground & 25-30 ft back from where the water was hitting the shoreline. Ran up to the steps, grabbed my Nikon and turned around...........(7seconds max)  GoPro Hero 4 I just won in a contest, 64Gs and my tripod gone like they
never existed. 

I am just glad it was not my Nikon

Never turn your back to the ocean.......

~Carl~

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Your title takes on new meaning after reading the post. A sharp story of reality. Love the dark clouds and nearness to the trotting dog. I love that third shot.. Mannequin surfer and dog looking for adventure. The low pov breaths the dampness and the awkward tilt in the horizon gives me inspiration to think that this is the weird-world-of-air that a sea creature would take in.. wondering about the two land animals. Most enjoyable.

Monday, December 29, 2014 at 11:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...


Thanks Lea!

A story from my perspective and a story from your perspective. Success from a story teller in training. Best compliment I could get.

~Carl~

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 3:12:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Lena said...

Peaceful feeling at the beach, I really enjoyed those view scene... very nice series capture...:-)

Lena

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 7:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger Warren T. said...

Sorry to hear about your equipment. I LOVE the look of the 3rd image! It's different, dynamic, and special, a great composition.

--WT

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 at 10:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Bummer Carl

At least the new d810 is safe. I just invested in loss insurance for some of my equipment, the cost is actually not bad considering what the replacement would be. I like the canine image. Nice

Dan

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 5:55:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment