Friday, December 27, 2013

Concentration

Lumix G5, Lumix 100-300mm

I often see this Great Blue Heron at Golden Gate Park near the Polo Fields. I wondered why he would stand right next to the road and totally ignore the passing cars, joggers, and walkers. The other day, I brought my camera with me and saw him there again, and I found out why. It's because he is too busy concentrating on hunting gophers! In this picture, he is staring at a gopher hole waiting for the gopher to stick its little head out of the hole. I watched as he snatched one out of the hole and fly away, but it all happened too fast for me to get a picture of that. But I did get some while he was being very still.

--Warren

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lena said...

Excellent ! great detail, beautiful shot...:-)

Lena,

Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 7:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Warren you are making great use of this lens for your wildlife postings. Nicely done.

Dan

Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 5:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing detail! Wow..


~Carl~

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 8:07:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment