Friday, December 13, 2013

American Kestrel at Half Moon Bay

Lumix G5, Lumix 100-300mm

I've been going to this section of Half Moon Bay for years because I read that at certain times, there is an abundance of raptors to be seen there. But every time I go there, I only see a few at a time.  I went there a couple of weeks ago, and this time was no different, I only saw this lone America Kestrel, also known as a Sparrow Hawk, roaming his territory. It's a small raptor that moves and flies quickly which makes it very difficult to photograph.

--Warren





Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lea said...

Haha, I love the difference in poses. Was he trying to scare you? --"Boo!" Or maybe practicing tai chi?? Hawk imitating crane.

Sunday, December 15, 2013 at 8:32:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment