Sunday, August 25, 2013

DEERFIELD BEACH PIER - SUNRISE - FLORIDA



Not HDR
Got really lucky with the birds being in those exact spots and poses when I shot.












Nikon D7000
18-105 lens



I shot these last Sunday of the Deerfield Beach Pier in Florida. They are my first real attempts at HDR photography minus the last one.

I dont know if my name at the bottom is Tabu or not. Sorry, I keep getting emails, texts or having conversations with people that didn't know I was posting photos I took. Everyone seems to like my name on them so I have it set to everything I do now. Plus if I am honest it feels really good to put my name on something I am proud of.

A big THANK-YOU to everyone involved in this forum for being so accepting of a hyper active newbie joining this group of amazing photographers. You guys have helped fuel me through a lot of my own frustrations and given me guidance and inspiration to shoot for every time I go out.

~Carl~

5 Comments:

Anonymous lena said...

Fantastic scenery, nice capture...:-)

Lena,

Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 7:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger dan in marin said...

Carl, nice group of images, especially for your first use of HDR. I like #3 best of the set. As far as puting a Copyright on your images their is no tabu as far as I know. I do add my CR for images that I post on full public forums and my website.

Dan

Sunday, August 25, 2013 at 8:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Warren T. said...

I also like your 3rd HDR image the most of the three because the HDR effect is very subtle. I don't know if you intentionally tilted the horizon (for aesthetic reasons), but for me, it is visually annoying to have a horizon tilt especially over bodies of water. Aside from this one thing, the picture is well composed, with great balance between the main elements (clouds, pier, water, and beach), very well done.

My favorite of the group is your non-HDR image, great composition, timing, and color in this one.

Carl, I want to thank you for participating in this blog because there are so many choices now on the Internet for people to post their pictures. I find it very rewarding and thrilling to see and share in your enthusiasm. Keep up the good work!

--Warren

Monday, August 26, 2013 at 9:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lea said...

I like the progression of images, the mood changes from one to the next. The monochromes are very dreamlike for me, especially the middle two. Beautiful series :)

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the Positive Feed Back,

Its funny you both said you liked the third one the most. That is my favorite but everyone else I know loves the 1st one.

And Warren thanks for pointing out the horizon. Faulty eyes. I missed that.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 7:36:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment